Embracing the latest technologies and methodologies is key for improved business operations and end-user value. THE MANGO TECH can help your business evolve and develop on the road to digital transformation.
Digital transformation is a daunting prospect for many businesses. Change, however, doesn’t need to be difficult. THE MANGO TECH has empowered countless businesses to overcome the cultural, technical, financial and corporate barriers associated with digital transformation, resulting in optimised operations, financial savings and engaged end-users.
THE MANGO TECH’s use of Agile methodologies teamed with the technical know-how to produce transformative software products means clients remain ahead of the digital curve, as well as their competitors.
Digitally Transforming Your Business
Regardless of what industry a business is in, the modern world dictates that companies must digitally transform, or be left behind. The expectations of both customers and employees of businesses have changed dramatically as technology has evolved. Today companies recognise that they should be providing customers and employees with the digital solutions they require or risk losing out to competitors who have already begun their digital transformation journey.
Digital organisations need to:
- Adapt quickly to a changing business and technical landscape;
- Be responsive to customer needs;
- Engage employees to be forward-thinking and collaborative;
- Monitor and manage business performance effectively;
- Analyse data intelligently; and,
- Manage compliance, risk and security.
Fully embracing digital signifies the way a company thinks, behaves, what it values and how it makes decisions. In short, digital transformation enables a company to operate effectively in the evolving digital climate.
Digital Transformation Services
Digital transformation is considered by some as a buzzword; however, it is actually a tangible approach to business change.
Our approach comprises of:
- Consulting for a period of time to understand a client’s business, reviewing current technology and providing an independent recommendation for improvement;
- Working with clients from start to finish to analyse requirements and then design a feasible software solution;
- Either complementing the work an IT department already does by adding expert resource to enable faster project delivery, or fully delivering the resulting software product.
Digital Transformation Strategy
Before we even think about making any recommendations towards digital transformation, we spend time talking to management and staff to understand a client’s business. We assess the capabilities of the existing systems alongside business operational processes to determine where any efficiencies could be made and what might stand in the way of achieving this, be it technical, cultural or financial. We’ll then ensure that our recommendations accurately and effectively meet the specific business needs of the organisation.
- Requirements analysis
- Collaborative prototyping
- Application structure
- Technical specification
- Quality assurance
- Business and system comes together
- Technical solution
- Support plan
- Development methodology
- Coding standards
- System management
Our Software Digital Transformation
THE MANGO TECH’s team of experts are highly experienced Solution Architects and Software Developers, meaning they recognise not only what is required from a business perspective, but also what is achievable from a technical viewpoint. Based out of our Farnborough and London development centres, they have many years of hands-on experience of guiding companies through transformative digital changes.
As well as advising on the best technology solution for a business, our consultants are also very happy to offer help and guidance on how to overcome the huge challenges posed by the development of large-scale complex software systems, such as:
- Avoiding late software delivery;
- Going over budget, and the knock-on effects of reduced functionality;
- Resolving complexities/sensitivities with the alignment of company goals;
- Integrating new and existing systems.
THE MANGO TECH knows that businesses understand the importance of digital transformation but are unsure of how to begin the process. Through our digital services we can begin by focussing the digital changes that directly influence a client’s business strategy and where we can easily deliver return on investment, where we then expand into larger scale digital initiatives from discovery, to launch and beyond.
What is digital transformation?
Digital transformation is the process of using modern digital technologies to improve or enhance your business. This involves creating new, or modifying existing, processes within your business to improve effectiveness, as well as customer experience.
Why is digital information so important?
Digital transformation can help your business to increase efficiency and keep up with rapidly changing market demands. Technology is changing and evolving all the time, and your business needs to adapt to these changes to stay ahead of the game.
What is a digital transformation strategy?
A digital transformation strategy can help you to analyse your business’s needs, set objectives and identify any risks in rolling-out changes to the digital technologies your business uses. By taking the time to create a digital transformation strategy, you can avoid the pitfalls of rolling out new systems too quickly and reduce any disruption to business operations that may occur.
When creating a digital transformation strategy, you should include the following steps:
- Analyse your business and set objectives – Technology is changing all the time, and whilst it’s tempting to change to new technology because it’s the new, exciting thing and everyone else is doing it…it doesn’t mean that it’s right for your business and its objectives. Think about what you want to gain from the implementation of a new system – how will it impact your business, and does it align with your overall business goals?
- Identify risks – There are always risks when making changes, especially when rolling out a major internal application. At this stage, you should try and proactively identify any risks that may impact your business effectiveness and, in doing so, identify ways that these risks can be reduced/eliminated.
- Test and gain feedback – Run a ‘pilot test’ with a small group of employees or a smaller department within the business. Running pilot tests can help you work out any bugs and help you to ensure that the new system is going to be intuitive and easy for your intended users (whether it’s your employees or your customers) to use. It will also help you to determine how new technology will impact your business and highlight any issues.
- Roll out the new technologies – Once you have finished running through the above steps, it’s now time for you to implement the new technology.
- Review the impact – When the new technology has been rolled out to your employees/customers, it’s important to keep analysing the impact. Has it had the desired outcome? Are there any features that can be improved? These are questions to ask your users – these can be addressed in future version releases.
What are the three main components of digital transformation?
The three main components of digital transformation are:
- Processes – using digital technology to streamline your business’s internal processes.
- Operations – improving business operations and effectiveness through the introduction of a new system, or updating an existing system.
- Customers – improving customer experience using digital technology.
A digital transformation project can focus on just one of these components, or across all three.
What are the challenges of digital transformation?
Digital transformation can help your business to evolve and improve operations, but there are some challenges that can come with it:
- Lack of technical skill within the organisation – You want to create a new system, or perhaps modify an existing one, but your current internal technical team doesn’t have the required skill-set for what you require. Do you outsource to an offshore software development company, a development firm closer to home or do you hire additional internal staff for the project? These are things to consider during your planning stages.
- Timescales – Underestimating the amount of time it will take to roll-out a new system can incur additional costs and quickly take you over budget. It’s important to set realistic timescales for a digital transformation project, and this can be done through effective planning and communication with the key people involved in the project.
- Budget – You will need to set a realistic budget for your digital transformation project. You will need to take into account a number of things, such as the cost of development, any additional staff you may need to hire, etc. Budget constraints may limit what you are able to achieve, so it’s important to be aware of this and to plan accordingly.
- Employee pushback – Changes to systems and processes can make employees feel uncomfortable – how does this change affect them and their job? Keeping your employees informed and involved throughout the digital transformation process is key to ensure a smooth transition.
Taking the time to create a digital transformation strategy can help to identify and reduce the impact of some of these challenges prior to undertaking any changes.