Online Business | e-commerce was valued over 3 Trillion in 2020 and these number are expected to compound by 9.7% annually between 2021 and 2028.
Your e-commerce business can also reflect this acceleration if you opt for the right strategy.
When developing a digital marketing strategy to support your business, your main goals are to improve your website’s ranking on the search engine and increasing your exposure on social media platforms. While Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Marketing both present a promising pathway to better engagement, highlighted brand awareness and boosted sales, the relation between the two is not a very obvious as there is not a direct connection between the two. However, they work along each other in several ways and optimization of one will most likely be beneficial for the other.
Before we delve into ways to get the most out of this synthesis, let us briefly go through each technique and understand how they may work.
What is Social Media Marketing ?
Social Media Platforms have a combined user base of 3.6 Billion worldwide and it is one of the fastest growing trends in history. Well established social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter provide a more narrowed demographic groups or for the more out of box audience capturing; Snapchat, Pinterest and TikTok.
Social media marketing is “the process of creating content which has been personalized to complement the context of the targeted social media platform for it to promote user exposure and engagement”.
What is Search Engine Optimization | SEO ?
Search engines, primarily Google, offer one of the most direct routes by which potential customers can discover your business. Hence, getting your website to rank higher in search engine results is the main target (and a perpetual battle) for businesses and marketers alike. The techniques utilized to chase this target are collectively known as Search Engine Optimization (SEO), defined by Moz as the “practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through search results. organic search engines. [instead of paying] “.
Social Media Marketing combined with Search Engine Optimization
As you require to promote digital traffic to your business website and boost exposure of your digital footprint, its vital to understand the relation between SEO and SMM and how they work together. While they incorporate divergent approaches and often target different goals, the two work along each other however we need to Frame our plan along the lines of following techniques:
- a) Ensuring that SEO and SMM goals align.
- b) Using the SEO based content as SMM posts.
- c) Using SEO strategies for all the business content.
- d) Targeting the same audience but with different approaches.
- e) Making sure that the SMM and SEO teams are on the same page.
- f) Using SEO with Social Media Influencers.
- g) Promoting Business user’s content on Social Media.
- h) Create Social Media posts around Search Engine data.
- i) Consider Social Media Insights in your SEO strategy.
- j) Targeting Social Media Image.
- k) Hyperlinking your Social Media profiles In your SEO content.
- l) Promoting your Social Media Platforms on your business website.
- m) Enhancing your Social Media Profiles with Keywords.
- n) Including follow links in Video Content.
- o) Linking your Business Websites to your Social Media Profiles.
- p) Ensuring the supreme quality of your content.